Storm Damage, What Now?

March 7, 2020 by  
Filed under Website

It all starts when you have an insurance loss. The first thing you should do is contact your insurance company and get a claim started. This is usually done through your agent, but most companies have a claim page on their website as well.

Depending on the type of loss, you may have some work to do at the house. One of your main responsibilities, written into your policy, is to reduce or eliminate the possibility of further damage, to the best of your ability. For example, if you have water damage, you should call a water damage mitigation company. They will take steps to clean up any standing water and prevent mold growth. Click here for more about the mitigation process. Or if you have structural damage, you should call a contractor to stabilize the area and cover any exposed areas with a tarp.

Click here for more information on the claim process.


Tell us what you're thinking...
and oh, if you want a pic to show with your comment, go get a gravatar!

You must be logged in to post a comment.